A pilot who can display a minimum level of skills and understanding to a licensing authority will gain a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), which qualifies the Pilot to follow a dream career as a commercial airline Pilot.
Incorporated with the hour building and instrument rating time. This phase can last 24 weeks (6 months).
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- Valid Private Pilot Licence
- Valid Night Rating
- Total of 200 hours of flight time (CPL)
- Class 1 medical certificate
- Meet the English Language Proficiency standards
Students are expected to pass the following subjects with at least 75% before they can qualify for the Private Pilot Licence:
- Instruments and Electronics
- Air Law
- Flight Planning and Performance
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Aircraft Technical and General
- General Radio Telephony Certificate
- Minimum 100 hours pilot in command
- Minimum 10 hours pilot in command by night
- Minimum 50 hours cross-country (CPL with IF)
- Minimum 20 hours cross-country (CPL only)
- Minimum 40 hours instrument flying (20 hours can be on a simulator)
- Pass a practical skills flight test with a Designated Flight Examiner
Our Graduates Fly For
First class flight academy since 2014
Call: +27 (11) 743-3012
What’s your next course?
You can progress your flying career with us – we provide training in all the courses you need to move your career forward from PPL to ATPL phase.